- Blank spaces = non-stock or special collets or adapters
- Part numbers shown are normally stocked items
- Sizes shown in ( ) are available in each size,
Example: TER (16, 25)D -035 means the collet is available as TER16D-035 and TER25D-035
- Carbide Taps will pull out of RA & TC adapters, ball bearings cannot bite into the tap shank, use TER collets for tap shanks harder than Rc64. The results will be flats on the locking balls and tap pull out.
- Drag lines on a tap shank means the tap is being pulled from the holder. This indicates a lead error from programming or feed system. This is very common in turning center with live tooling due to gear back-lash.
- Torque Control Adapters "MUST" be used in a Tension & Compression holder or Radial Arm system. Will not function properly in a Rigid holder.
- Torque Control Adapters are adjustable torque and set to mid steel,
remove snap ring and turn the slotted face disk + or - to achieve proper setting.
- RA Adapters can be used in Rigid or T&C Holders
- When running in Rigid holders, feed rate must match tap pitch exactly
- When run in T&C Holders program feed rate for:
- 95-98% of pitch on in-feed
- 100% of pitch on extraction
- This will allow the tap to pull out on the springs to cut free, 100% on reverse helps prevent tearing and pulling on the threads, holder should snap back a small amount once the tap dis-engages.